Saturday, August 22, 2009

so proud

I have just wrapped up an incredibly busy week of Orientation at the Law School. Gave my "This is Your Class" speech, which went smoothly, and all of our new students seemed to survive their first day of class. But on Friday, the law school community completed it's first ever Day of Service. This was the idea of one of our students, who saw it through to completion with just a little help from the administration. My group helped the Palmetto Health Foundation distribute fliers for a breast cancer walk coming up in October, but groups of students, faculty and staff spread out all over the city to spend the afternoon making a difference. Below is the link for the full blog:

Law Service Day

I am so proud of the students who came together to make Service Day such a success, and it's weeks like this last one that make me happy to do what I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment