Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have a terrible tendency to sometimes skip right over Thanksgiving in thinking about Christmas. I've been listening to Christmas music since November 1st and contemplating all the fun to soon be had at the Junior League Preview Party and other Christmas events, fun during a whole week with Richard at home and fun in Ohio with the Davis and Davies families.

But I do realize how much I have to be thankful for and wanted to reflect on that today (apologies in advance for another list of bullet points!)

The really important ones:
  • a gracious God and the gift of Jesus Christ, the author and perfecter of our faith
  • a small, immediate family who I can enjoy Thanksgiving dinner with in a t-shirt and work out pants. We are a laid back group!
  • a new, larger family who welcomes me whole-heartedly, even with Suzanne and Richard not around. I do have to look slightly more presentable, but time with Richard's extended family is always so much fun.
  • a fiance who is spending Thanksgiving night at the hospital taking care of members of the armed forces wounded fighting for our freedom abroad
  • amazing friends, the best anyone could ask for, from all chapters in life
And not-so-important, but still relevant
  • Coppola's Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy- if you have curly hair, run, don't walk, to your nearest salon to have this done. I have tried everything from straighteners to relaxers to even perms back in the days, and so far, this has worked the best of anything I've tried. I just had it done at the Ulta in NE Columbia, and will soon post before and after pictures. Amazing.
  • Diet Mountain Dew- my caffeinated beverage of choice. Every morning.
  • Dabo Sweeney and Oliver Purnell- I love the leadership they provide to my Clemson Tiger football and basketball teams.
  • a sweet baby brother who lends me his Mac computer to look at wedding dresses and compose this blog entry
Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment