Monday, January 3, 2011

2010 in pictures

I realize we are a couple of days into the new year, but I wanted to share a few thoughts and some of my favorite pictures from 2010 before I completely let such a monumental year go. I have read many articles about why 2010 was such a terrible year (including this Dave Barry one in the Post that was quite entertaining), but I will always remember it as a year of celebration, change and growth. A few of the things I've learned...
  • Blackberries do not tolerate toilets well. Always shut the lid if you plan to get ready with your email at arm's length.
  • Planning a wedding can make you a little crazy. Planning a wedding, a move and job searching all at the same time can make you really crazy. I don't think I would have made it through the first six months of the year without my mama.
  • There are a lot of hermit crabs in Anguilla. And you will find a South Carolina connection anywhere you go, even at Cap Juluca.
  • God's timing is best, but it sure is hard to be patient. Especially when living on one income and on a four-month shopping moratorium.
  • Some friends are "forever" friends, and some friends are for a season. And that's ok.
  • Always, always send in a response card for a wedding! And if your response changes, by all means let someone know. Or perhaps better yet, don't do response cards.
  • Marriage can be absolutely incredible but also incredibly hard at times. No one challenges me quite like my husband! But no one blesses me as much either.
And now without further adieu, some pictures. Like the lessons learned above, many of them are wedding-related.

January
ringing in the New Year in 80's prom-wear

February
with 10 of my best friends at our first engagement party/shower on February 6th- an amazing night

March
Celebrating sweet Ashley's 30th birthday at Mr. Friendly's in Columbia- birthdays in Columbia were always special occasions, and this was a particularly fun night (which may have actually been in late February, but Ashley's real birthday is in early March, so it counts!)

April
These girls, 4 of my absolute best from Spartanburg, threw a beautiful shower for me the Walnut Lane Inn Spartanburg, complete with games, maple doughnuts, and old friends catching up- such a fun time!

May

Bachelorette party in Edisto- an amazing weekend with all of my best friends in one place

June
First Baptist of Arcadia shower- I grew up in a pretty rural church, and these ladies have known me since I was a baby. They were so, so generous and kind, and the Vietri platter that I received from them at this shower is proudly displayed in my kitchen.

July
love, love this one from our wedding- a most perfect day

August
so this may have actually been the end of July, but close enough! On our honeymoon in Anguilla

September
Davis family takes on DC! At the Nats vs. Braves game

October
Wofford Homecoming- such a fun reunion weekend

November
a terrible Clemson-Carolina game, but a fun time of everyone being together at Thanksgiving and the weekend after

December
touring the Grinch Ice! display at the National Harbor Gaylord hotel, where it was 9 degrees inside!

1 comment:

  1. Beth - Congratulations to you on an super-eventful 2010! I too am job-searching right now, a full time "job" now that my unpaid "job" of wedding planning is complete :) I hope that 2011 is a year of happiness and fun adventures for you!!

    ReplyDelete