Thursday, April 14, 2011

wonderful news

Do you ever hear news that makes you so happy you are uplifted by it the whole day? One of my favorite law professors and professional mentors was just name Dean of the University of South Carolina School of Law. Dean Wilcox is one of those people who I have found to offer wise advice is any situation I presented him with- whether it be a student emergency while I was working in Student Affairs or while talking to him about my long-distance engagement. He has always gone out of his way to support students while insisting on the highest degree of integrity and professionalism. The Law School has been fortunate to have him as a member of the teaching faculty and more recently as Academic Dean, and I have no doubt he will be an incredible Dean. Hearing that his first-year Property class honored him by playing "2001" and popping champagne when he came into class this afternoon was just icing on the cake. Congrats, Dean Wilcox!

No comments:

Post a Comment