Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mom and Meghanne come visit DC!

Richard and I just got back from a fun wedding weekend in Philly, which I will blog about soon, but the weekend before last we enjoyed having my mom and dear friend Meghanne visit us from Spartanburg. Meghanne is like a sister to me, and she and mom are very close too! So they took advantage of Meghanne being on Spring Break (she was just named Cannons Elementary's Teacher of the Year- woohoo, Meghanne!) and headed up to DC for a long weekend. We started off the weekend with a riverboat cruise to see the cherry blossoms. It was chilly, but still a beautiful day and a great way to see the pretty blooms!

on the boat


by the Jefferson Memorial

After we left the Tidal Basin area, we ventured over to Eastern Market to shop and try out a few of the food vendors. We had incredible mini-doughnuts, warm pretzels, and homemade pickles. Yum!
pickles on a stick

We left Eastern Market to eat a little more at the Founding Farmers, one of our favorite DC's restaurants. Richard thinks their red velvet cake is some of the best he's ever had. And it's no wonder I gained a few lbs during their visit!
Richard and Max with the heavenly red velvet cake

decorative produce

We spent Sunday seeing sweet toddler Julia be dedicated at church and shopping at the outlets, then went to Annapolis on Monday (after introducing mom and Meghanne to Georgetown Cupcakes!) for some Maryland crab.


Richard showing Mom how to crack a crab

I sadly had to go back to work on Tuesday, but my fabulous visitors came to see me on the Hill, and we lunched at Good Stuff Eatery, which is owned by Spike from Top Chef. Meghanne is a huge Spike fan, so she enjoyed seeing his restaurant!

Good Stuff burger, fries and toasted marshmallow milkshake

Meghanne and Mom took in the American History museum and the Sculpture Garden and took a tour of the Capitol building before having to leave. We had such a great visit, and I hope they'll come back real soon!



outside the SC-04 Congressional office

2 comments:

  1. I had so much fun! I can't wait to come back and hopefully bring Caleb with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, it looks like you all had so much fun! I want to join next time :)

    ReplyDelete