Wednesday, November 7, 2012

election night 2012

As you may have heard, there was a Presidential election yesterday. And since this may be the only time Richard and I are in DC on a Presidential election night, we ventured out to the RNC's Election Night Party held at the Ronald Reagan building downtown. The National Republican Congressional Committee hosted the event, in conjunction with the National Republican Senatorial Committee, and Hill staffers for members' personal offices were invited to attend. 

It was a fun thing to experience- Rodney Atkins performed and there was plenty of food and drink- until everyone started to realize that almost all the swing states were being called for Obama. In the span of about 10 minutes, it became clear the Romney/Ryan ticket would not be victorious. I honestly have not been too involved on the campaign but have several friends who were, and I felt for them last night. I would have loved to see the GOP take back the White House, but I was thankful to see my boss win and for a continued Republican majority in the House. Nothing really changed, other than a few Dem House and Senate pick-ups, so the next four years will be likely be a continuation of the status quo. It certainly is an interesting time for our country, and an interesting time to be in Washington. 


view from the balcony

watching the results come in on Fox News

party crowd


hoping for great things for Paul Ryan in the future

And then there was this. I had to run over to Bethesda Row before the event and found it almost fully decorated for Christmas. Y'all, it's November 7th! I'd be lying if I said I'm not excited about listening to Christmas music and putting up our tree, but I was still a bit surprised to see Bethesda Row already decked out. I guess holiday ads will replace all those campaign ads!

it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment