Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012 in review

To be honest, there were many days in 2012 when I thought, "this is just NOT a good year." I went through a miscarriage in July, my mom had an unexpected career change at the beginning of the year that led to great stress and heartache, our sweet family dog died after almost 13 years with our family in March, and my grandfather passed away in September. And I cried with the rest of the country as I watched the story out of Newtown unfold.

There were silver linings and highlights for sure- having more flexibility in her schedule meant my mom could be with me and my grandfather when I needed her. We watched (on tv) Gabby Douglas make history by winning the all-around gold in London at the Summer Olympics, traded in my old gold Honda Accord for a newer black model, traveled to gorgeous Palm Beach, FL and Chicago, IL, and celebrated the weddings and new babies of many close friends. But overall, I am happy to bid adieu to 2012 and look forward to seeing what God has in store in 2013.

Our year in pictures:

January
a trip to SC and a little Tiger basketball

a little snow at our house

 February
birthday celebrations on the Hill...

and in Baltimore at one our favorites, Woodberry Kitchen

 March
a trip to Nashville to for Richard's great-uncle Bill's 90th birthday

loved the Loveless Cafe

 April
Easter in Spartanburg with Richard's family

Taste of the South in DC

bachelorette party for Hannah in Greenville

May
a fun weekend in NYC to celebrate Richard's birthday

 June

great time with family in DC and at the Braves-Nats game

Palm Beach, FL

July
this was technically the end of June, but almost July- taken the day after the Derecho storm left most of DC without power at a South Carolina State Society event. I've never been so excited to get power back!

a happy July 4th with dear friends

August
always wonderful to spend time with some of my favorite Columbia girls

lake cruising

September
cheering on the Tigers against Ball State with Jeff and Leah

mom's side of the family following my grandfather's memorial service in Columbus, OH

October
on a architectural boat tour during a fun week in Chicago

reunion tailgate at the Clemson-VA Tech game

2nd annual pumpkin carving party at our house

November
election night party with the RNC

December
Georgetown Assembly Ball at the Chevy Chase Club

Christmas with the family in Spartanburg

And a few 2012 weddings and babies:

Hannah and Jason's wedding, July 2012

Jon and Amy's wedding, July 2012

sweet Penelope, born July 2012

little Grady, born June 2012

precious Madeleine Grace, born October 2012

2 comments:

  1. Beth - so sorry to hear about your miscarriage this summer. What a difficult thing to go through, but I hope you have healed since then! And you are a saint to still show love and happiness to your friends with new babies! I am sure it's not easy, but you are a true, selfless friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know God will bless your sweet family with a baby soon. You all will be amazing parents. I am so sorry you had to go through that. I know all too well how heartbreaking it can be. Hope you had a wonderful holiday! Cheers to a fabulous 2013!!

    ReplyDelete