Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas lungs

UPDATE: Jayson received his new set of lungs yesterday, Dec. 16th! The surgery went well, and the new lungs seem to be working. Please continue to pray for healing and for positive progression.

The Webbs have been quite busy over the past few weeks, with a trip this past weekend back to South Carolina for me to take part in the wedding of my sweet Jess and her new husband Robert. Will post about that soon, but for now, I hope that you will take a minute to pray for a young man that desperately needs a new set of lungs.

Jayson and my brother Jeff grew up together, and his mom Melissa and my mom are close friends. He has cystic fibrosis, a chronic lung disease. Despite the fact he has had to receive breathing treatments multiple times a day for as long as I've known him, he has led a relatively normal life and is a true joy to be around.

He has been at Duke preparing for a lung transplant, and I just heard from my mom last night that he has been "officially listed," which means the transplant could come at any time now. If you have a minute, please lift up Jayson and his family in prayer as they wait. Pray for a sense of peace and calm. Pray for a smooth surgery and that his body accepts the new lungs. And pray for the donor's family- it's a strange thing to pray for new lungs, given that the end of one life means the extending of another. But I know that Jayson and his family trust God, the Author and Giver of life, and I hope that you will join me in praying for them in this important time.

No comments:

Post a Comment