Friday, December 30, 2011

white house holiday

Richard and I just returned yesterday from a cruise with my extended family (and 24 hours later, I still feel like my balance is a bit off kilter!). We had a wonderful time, but it kind of felt like we skipped Christmas since we were on the boat. So I still have a few Christmas posts left to squeeze the most out of the holiday season as possible!

On Christmas Eve Eve, the day before we left for the cruise, Richard and I went to the White House for a holiday open house tour. I was hesitant to go since we had to get ready for our trip, but I'm so glad we did. It was a special DC afternoon.
pictures are usually not permitted, so being able to have my camera was a rare treat

Gold Star Family Tree- visitors could write letters to the troops next to the tree

East Landing Hallway

East Garden Room- Bo was in almost every room in some form or fashion, and we loved trying to find him

the Library- Bo is sitting in front of a fireplace, but it was hard to get the whole shot- this scene was depicted on the official White House Christmas card

quite a view

Green Room tree made out of aluminum

big Green Room tree

the East Room (the largest in the White House)- there was a beautiful nativity behind Richard and me

the official White House tree in the Blue Room, decorated with cards drawn by military children on bases around the country and abroad

Red Room tree

the State Dining Room

the White House constructed out of 300lbs of chocolate

the Entrance Hall

carolers singing everyone out the door- if you look closely, you can see another Bo

outside tree


outside the Willard

Willard tree

Richard and the Old Ebbitt Grill nutcrackers

1 comment:

  1. These photos are gorgeous! I worked on the Hill for a bit over a year when I first moved to DC, and was so excited to be able to do the White House Christmas tour!

    ReplyDelete