Wednesday, September 5, 2012

labor day in kensington

I have never thought too much about Labor Day and am often sad to see the end of summer, but I love living in a neighborhood that has a big Labor Day parade and festival. It's very Americana, and everyone comes out to see local bands and school groups and public safety officers marching and riding down our main streets. It was especially fun to watch with our friends, who joined us at our house afterward for BBQ and homemade oreo ice cream. Fun day!







with one of the few Republicans in Montgomery County



our sweet friend Julia was a butterfly on our church's Noah's Ark float

beautiful Victorian home across from parade grandstand


yummy food and good friends

Richard took full responsibility for the ice cream making and churning

not the prettiest of ice creams, but certainly delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beth! I found you through Kelly's old military link up and just thought I'd say hello! My husband works at Walter Reed, too, doing anesthesia.

    Looks like you had a fun labor day! We lived a few minutes from Kensington last time we were stationed here, and we definitely miss having so much to do. We're a little further out now but I still try to head to Bethesda a couple of times a month because I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete