Thursday, July 21, 2011

take me out to the ball game

Last Thursday, I had the privilege of going to the Nats stadium with some of the best colleagues a girl could ask for to cheer on my boss and the other House Republicans against the Dems in the 50th annual Congressional Baseball game. The Republicans unfortunately got beat pretty bad (8-2 was the final score- see the full recap here), but any night you can eat Ben's Chili Bowl is a good night. Especially sitting in a ball park with gorgeous weather! It was a welcome distraction from all the debt limit discussion, and I look forward to making this an annual tradition.


Richard was a good sport to come out post-call

Speaker Boehner giving the Rs a pep talk- he's in the middle of the huddle

announcing the line-up

delicious dinner

the boss in action- each Member could choose the jersey of a hometown team to wear, and Richard was excited he chose Wofford!

And I was excited to see Rep. Jeff Duncan in the Clemson jersey!


the husband showing his support

love these office-mates! Anna, Mary Anna, me, Robert and Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment