Sunday, February 26, 2012

sorority life

How do I know my husband loves me? He was willing to spend the night at the Theta house in College Park with me last night. Post-call. The Maryland Thetas have a wonderful "house mom," but when she is out of town, a local volunteer has to stay at the house for liability purposes. There is a lovely guest room in the house, but it is right by the stairs, which means we heard all of the Saturday night goings and comings of the college women (who were extremely gracious and welcoming). It's been a decade since I lived in Greek housing, so being back in the midst of it was quite a experience! Richard and I certainly left feeling a bit older and thankful for our quiet home.

Though I loved living on the Theta hall in Barnett at Clemson, I'm not sure you could pay me enough to go back to the twin bed, hall bathrooms and the never-ending search for a parking spot on the horseshoe. I do miss having a ton of friends just steps away and all the excitement that abounded before football games and date functions. What a year that was!

our lodging for the night

big night in College Park- Hard Times chili and Yogiberry fro-yo

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I love it! That is exactly where our house mom's room was too! Right under the stairs... poor lady. THAT is a good husband to go stay with you at the house. :)

    ReplyDelete