Monday, February 6, 2012

super bowl, sisters and mexican

Richard and I were invited to a Super Bowl party at the home of two of his fellow Walter Reed residents, and I was a little nervous prior to the party, given that I only knew a handful of the people who would be there.

But thankfully, everyone was super sweet, the food was delicious, and I found two other Thetas! I was initiated into Kappa Alpha Theta at Clemson and am so grateful for my collegiate experience and also all that Theta has meant to me since I graduated, including a law school scholarship and the chance to volunteer as an alumna. So I was thrilled to find out my new friend Lindsey, was a Theta, as was our host Lauren. We had a ball talking about our respective chapters and the Spring formal we wanted to throw and proved that even ten years removed from college, it's fun to kite a sister!
me, Lindsey and Lauren

Richard and a few General Surgery guys- good to see friends we hadn't seen in a while

And because it's become a tradition to celebrate my birthday at some point with a Mexican dinner, we went out with Max and Ashley and little Anderson on Saturday night to Uncle Julio's. Can't beat guacamole, margaritas, and fajitas!

No comments:

Post a Comment