Tuesday, April 17, 2012

caesar and the space ship

There was a historic event in DC today. And I completely missed it. The space shuttle Discovery, attached to a 747, flew over the Capitol complex and the National Mall on it's way to the Dulles Airport, just a few miles from the Smithsonian's Udvar-Hazy Center where it will be permanently displayed. I was in a meeting at the time of the fly-over but stepped out to the Capitol a few minutes after it happened, and there was a definite buzz of excitement in the air. 

My dear friend April is in town for a conference out at the National Harbor, and we got to meet up for dinner last night. On the way to dinner, she introduced me to Caesar, the mascot for her company, the Institute for Defense and Business. They take pictures of Caesar on all of their travels, so when I heard that Discovery was flying over the National Harbor, I told her to make sure Caesar got in on the action! She texted me the picture below: 


The Washington Post has a great article and gallery of Discovery pictures that you can see here. Just another reason to love living in DC!

No comments:

Post a Comment