Tuesday, April 24, 2012

celebrating Hannah

Hannah, one of my best friends, is getting married in less than three months! Hannah and I lived together in Columbia, and she put up with me as her doubles partner on the tennis court. We went to Clemson together, and cheering for the Tigers doesn't feel quite right unless Hannah is a few feet away cheering too. This past weekend, I flew into South Carolina for a quick 48 hours so that I could attend her Bachelorette party and bridal shower. 

We started Saturday night at the Hyatt in Downtown Greenville with a lingerie shower, then went to dinner at the fabulous Soby's. We went out after Soby's, and I quickly learned that I am way too old for staying out past midnight. We ended our night dancing at the Blue Martini, an establishment full of bright lights, loud music and some questionable behavior on the dance floor. But our Bachelorette had a good time, and that's all that really mattered!

whole group at Soby's- Hannah and all of her bridesmaids but one

love, love these girls- I miss Jess, Jen, Hannah and Bec so much!

taking a quick break from dancing at the Blue Martini

On Sunday, my mom and I traveled to Anderson for a bridal shower for Hannah thrown by her childhood best friend, Joy, and Melissa and Kate, two other sweet Pendleton friends. We had such a nice time, and it was clear that everyone in attendance loves some Hannah and is looking forward to her marrying Jason in July! I have been to a ton of baby showers as of late, so it was fun to be back at a few wedding-related functions.

me and the bride-to-be

Joy toasting Hannah before present-opening- how adorable is the banner Joy made?

shower guests

Hannah's sister Emily, Jason's sister Sarah, Hannah, me and Joy

I was a bit sad to get on the plane Sunday night after such a good time with the girls. My time in South Carolina always goes by too fast, but I love that more wedding events will take me back soon!

2 comments:

  1. So much fun! Glad you ladies had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a pleasure seeing you again, finally spending some time getting to know each other, and of course bonding with a fellow Lilly lover! I look forward to seeing you at the remaining festivities!

    ReplyDelete