Saturday, August 25, 2012

kenny chesney and a new car

The weekend before I left for South Carolina, Richard and I went on an adventure to Cockeysville, Maryland (I kid you not) to see a man about a car. My 2000 Honda Accord, which I have had since my first year of law school, has been without air conditioning for the past year. Richard has been kind to drive it this summer and let me take his car for my commute, but we finally decided to replace it. It has 210,000+ miles on it and has served me well over the past several years. We looked at mid-sized SUVs, but at the end of the day, came back to the old faithful Accord. I was looking for one just a few years old, with low mileage, navigation and leather, and most importantly...heated seats. I finally found what I was looking for in Cockeysville, and it turned out to be a great deal and a very pleasant car-buying experience. And I love my new Accord!

the new(ish) car parked in our driveway

side angle

We asked the salesmen at the dealership for a good restaurant recommendation in Cockeysville and stumbled upon this gem per their direction. 

Jake's Grill

Jake's Grill is definitely a hole-in-the-wall kind of place, but they made some of the best smoked meat I've ever tasted. They gave me flowers when I walked in and gave us extra meat on our sandwiches and a free soda. Can't beat that!

menu on the dry erase board

smoked chicken, ham and swiss and mac and cheese- so delicious

As we were driving home, we stumbled upon a Pennsylvania Dutch market. There are a few in this area, and they always have an impressive variety of baked goods, random gifts, and...illuminated flowers. 

who knew?

One of the best parts of the Amish market is the homemade pretzels. This one was a caramel almond pretzel. Yum.

just what we needed to celebrate our big purchase- a dessert pretzel

To continue our fun, albeit slightly random, weekend, we headed out to the Redskins stadium on Sunday to see Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw on their "Brothers of the Sun" tour. I almost felt like I was back in South Carolina with the number of cowboy boots and cutoffs I saw in the FedEx Field parking lot. The people watching was almost as good as the concert itself!

tailgating and taking it all in

a little warm but excited

We actually got into the stadium fairly early and sat through two opening acts before Tim McGraw took the stage. He was really good, but we kind of got the impression that most of the crowd was there to see Kenny Chesney.

Timmy in all white

Tim played for about an hour, then the stage was transformed for Kenny Chesney.


Kenny made a grand entrance to a stage round not too far from our seats, then took a swing to the main stage. He's quite a performer. 



He played with Grace Potter of Grace Potter and the Nocturnals and finished up with Tim McGraw. It ended up being a long concert, but I loved seeing Kenny and Tim live. I have seen them both before, and they always put on a great show. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

Kenny Chesney and Grace Potter

Kenny Chesney, Grace Potter, Jake Owen and Tim McGraw


4 comments:

  1. I love your new Accord too! You're too loyal with Honda Accord – which I can't blame for they are really great cars. They are beautiful and stylish and have long lasting life span. Just keep up with the maintenance and you'll drive this ride for decades. =)

    Mardell Tobin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous car! Take good care of it so it will live long. Avoid driving in high-speed and fast starts, stops, and turns. Don't pressure the ignition by hanging heavy loads of dangling in your key chain. Basil Glenn @LexusOfLansing.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a pretty good deal with this car. Anyway, what made you decide to buy a used car instead of going for a brand new one? If you plan to buy or trade your old one with brand new car in the future, a Lexus would be great option.
    Prince Moss @ Lexus of An Arbor

    ReplyDelete